Monday, March 21, 2011

He really is my friend

alright I guess I just should start with news about changes haha

I'm staying in my area, Lomas del Norte, I’m going to be here a good 6 months just like Elder Winkel! Only the difference might be that he had about 9 baptisms there in those 6 months, and we are still waiting on some investigators to gain a testimony, but no fear...because my new comp his here!

Elder Asencio, my 6th Latino companion in a row but don’t take that as a complaint, just a notice. Elder Asencio is probably the coolest guy I know. He has only a month and a half in the field and I am his second companion, Elder Morrow was his first. So, being his second companion or second trainer that means I’m his ¨Missionary Mother¨ and that he is my ¨Daughter¨. Yay I have missionary posterity! If your not quite up to missionary terms as such...
first trainer-father
second trainer-mother
trained for the first companion-son
by the second-daughter
and the line goes up and down as far as you want it for example my first companion Elder Vargas is my ¨Dad¨ making him ¨Grandpa¨ to Elder Asencio. Yea you get the picture I’m sure. Haha...posterity! And awesomeness! It’s truly a huge change between Elder Centeno and Elder Asencio, the difference is receiving love instead of just trying to give it...and obedience. Obedience is a big ´ol part. He’s still new and really wants to be obedient, more, his trainer was Elder Morrow who was in the office and was thus blissfully blessed with perfect obedience from sheer Time-With-President Torres and taught them to his son. Yay! And WOW let me tell you the difference in the spirit we feel in the lessons! BAM!! Every lesson no matter where or when or to whom it’s incredibly powerful and we see it in the people. He’s incredibly spiritual and also very funny he makes life interesting and I feel like a kid playing with a friend. He really is my friend. We cook together and buy together, teach and preach and joke together there is so much unity right now! I pray frequently that this unity lasts a long time, and that next change I go up to see Petén and serve the people up there, I've never been but I already love it haha.

As you could imagine just this week has been incredible and plenty has happened, the Morales Chaves, Juachín and Santiso/Carrera families are progressing nicely, but for work we have hardly even seen Hector Claveria, he didn’t even come to church...I hope and pray that he’s doing alright. The Morales Chaves family accepted a baptismal date in April and when we asked they remembered it, but weren’t able to come to church because they felt really sick. The Juachín family came again and it was awesome, but not a single ward member talked to them, I was so mad! Open your mouths people! This is salvation! I don’t think they really understand how many people we have talked to who left the church just for thinking that people were giving them evil looks and bad faces, not talking or because of pride caused by money. Ugh! Wake up! Still we must keep trying to bring people, that’s our job.

Elder Asencio came from the area Alameda, probably one of the most dangerous areas of the mission: gunshots everyday and night, plenty of deaths left and right to come here to Lomas where nothing ever happens...until Saturday night! We were walking home in our own residential when a motorcycle with two men went speeding past VROOOOMM!! Followed by a police pickup truck that trying to pull the same maneuver that the bike did was skidding and nearly hit some kids walking on the side of the street! Just min later there was a patrol of maybe 6 cops on bikes circling the residential who pulled someone over and searched them. That was the interesting thing of the week.

Alright I say this every time but I love you all SO MUCH and hope that everything is going well and spiritual at home, stay safe my beloved family and all readers of the mighty weekly Bronson. ¨Don’t fear, just believe¨ Mark...5 something? Or 4...haha I’ll have to find it again but its marked in my Spanish scriptures.

Elder Bronson



1 comment:

  1. YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!!!!!!!!! Best news ever! I am SO very happy for Elder Bronson. What a blessing...and he's also a mom....oh how sweet!!

    ReplyDelete