Monday, November 14, 2011

Family home evening idea on the subject of prophets

FELIZ CUMPLEANOS MAMA!! TE AMO CON TODO ME CORAZON!!

Alrighty then. The package must be the recorded tape I sent you a while back. I hope you all enjoy it. I bet my companion Elder M. will like anything you send him. Lately it’s been really tough with him he has these completely random spazmatic moments where he will say I don’t want to plan, you do it or we're not going to pray tonight because I don’t want to. Just simple little things but I think that’s WHY it bugs me. It’s so simple let’s just do what God wants us to do alright? Oh well, I’m fasting a ton right now, I think twice just this week. I’m kinda a weenie with patience in affliction huh? Haha...ooooyy

This week has also been a toughie work wise we haven’t really been able to find our investigators very well, they just aren’t home when we come by, but there’s no problem with that. We found a new family to teach called the Castillo Family and they seem pretty interested. We’re going to see what we can do about baptismal dates.

Last Saturday we did service chopping down some hedge in the back yard of a member; it was kinda fun I don’t like to miss any opportunity that I get to use my machete! Heheh. So Scott got a job huh? Way to brown-nose, Scott's got some pretty good cookies. I might try something like that when I get back haha...lately we have been eating in a restaurant instead of in the house but I think it’s been making me really sick, so I don’t want to go back. The food isn’t bad but since starting to eat there all the time it’s just been stomach pains and problems. I honestly like to cook anyway and would rather make my own lunch with the hour that we have to do it.

I don’t know if there are any ideas for the Christmas package, I don’t really need anything, but I do have a suggestion for a saved Christmas present for when I get back. I was guiltily talking with a newer elder about a game I was waiting for before the mission called Star Craft 2, if you get me something I’m not going to lie, I would definitely want a special edition copy of that game. Nerdy!

Family home evening idea on the subject of prophets, I was studying in a institute manual about the Book of Mormon and found it, and tested it in a FHE we did with some members subject ¨Have you ever wondered what makes prophets different that other regular people?¨  Start off by asking what are some characteristics of the prophets of old? What quality of people where they? (For example good leaders, humble, with a lot of faith and receptive to the Holy Ghost) Read Helaman 10:5,7,12 and 11:18 where God is talking to Nephi the prophet. What qualities did the Lord comment about Nephi and his work? Now, show a picture of the first presidency and the quorum of the 12 apostles and talk about how men like that exist even today, that God guides his church through these men of power and faith. Talk about how much the Lord wishes that we would all be like prophets. Eat a snack.  It worked out really well for us here, I felt the spirit powerfully and I know that you guys can too; this might help the boys learn a little more about prophets and their importance in our lives.

Well guys I love you so much and I wish you the best of the best of blessings. Nearly exactly 3 months left until I see you all again, los AMO!!!

Andrew





Notice the toliet?


No comments:

Post a Comment