Monday, August 30, 2010

He truly is golden

SHANE ALMOST SPLATTERED!? a la gran. puchica...

I did have a impression to pray for your guys protection, even as if it were angels watching over you, I'm glad I followed that one haha I don’t know what I would have done...
questions!
Right now we have someone wash our clothes for us and that’s nice, takes a lot of time off of my pday to wash clothes. I had to discard one shirt I can’t remember why but I guess it was destroyed. They are still white.
It wont let me view the video, it only gives and option to download it.
I have been writing but it takes a while to reach you and I don’t know how the office works if they have to sit on it for a while or whatever, but know that I am writing.
I'm getting plenty to eat. We cook for ourselves letting eat whatever I want...or have time to cook. Usually simple things. Sunday is my mac n cheese day. In the mornings I usually have cereal and a cup of instant oatmeal, only with yogurt in it! RICO!

This week has been pretty good, not too many news but a couple possibilities. TONS of contacting. I don’t know if you guys know but I haven’t had anyone be baptized yet in my over-six months here, but hopefully to high heaven that’s going to change in a couple of weeks. I don’t know if I told you all about Martin? His entire family minus himself, his wife and his smallest kid are baptized, long lost inactive members of the church. He himself is Evangelical...or however you say that in English and he prays like one. Or last lesson was about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which is faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost, endure to the end basically. When we were explaining baptism in the back of the Book of Mormon in Spanish is a dictionary of all sorts of terms and under baptism it used a word to describe it. Almost like a pact with God, a covenant. Ever since he has been telling me how much he truly wants to make a pact with his Father. He shared a story about a dream he had where he was cleaning a house and God appeared and told him to keep cleaning the house as to prepare for Him. I don’t remember it all but another part was there was a gate that he didn’t have a key to, so during the lesson when I used the example as Baptism basically being the key to Heaven it really hit him. Last Sunday was stake conference and he came. The only investigator to come on the bus ride to the other church he asked me when they were going to set up his baptism! He truly is golden, prepared of the lord and I’m so happy for him and so exited.
That’s the biggest story here; dang I’m still thinking about how Shane nearly got hit.....SHANE MY GOODNESS TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF! If something happened to ANY of you I don’t know how I would take it being so far away...

Well everyone knows that I love you and care about you. Take care of yourselves and stay strong, especially in the faith. Your dedication to the gospel and the teachings and examples of Christ is the most important thing to focus on.

Love you all
Elder Andrew Bronson

No comments:

Post a Comment