Monday, September 20, 2010

I am so happy to have been the humble hand to lead Martin to the water.

Yeah almost 20!
Bigger news, Martin de la Cruz Enriquez was baptized yesterday at around 6 o’clock pm, making eternal covenants with his Father in Heaven and is so happy about it. I know that I was put in this area for a reason and that reason is him. I have to give credit to Elder Vargas for teaching me to always look for and offer service on every occasion, if I hadn’t, I would have never found Martin and his family.

7 and a half months into my mission, and 6 months in the field and your boy has saved his first soul, better yet? Martin wanted ME to baptize him! It was truly an unforgettable experience, one that I will treasure for my entire life. When he came out of the water, I also felt clean, as if spiritually washed as well. ¨Martin de la Cruz Enriques, habiendo sido comisionado por Jesucristo, yo te bautizo en el nombre del Padre, y del Hijo, y del Espiritu Santo, Amen.¨ In the end after the Bishop had given an official welcome, Martin stood up and bore a strong bright testimony of the Gospel, even quoting Nephi from the Book of Mormon. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for the many blessings he’s given me and am so happy to have been the humble hand to lead Martin to the water.

Now that you are all teary and spiritual, time to tell you about my week. First off, we killed a chicken. A BIG chicken. We were contacting and met a nice old lady named Piedad and through offering service and all she told us to come back the next day to help her. I don’t know if any of you have killed a rooster before but it wasn’t all that delightful. For those with weak constitutions, this following section is one not for you. Sorry.

-First you tie the chickens feet together and hold the chicken by them, next you have the native woman who actually has the guts to do it grab it by the head and pull downward, hard. After the first few neck-pops the chicken will begin to violently freak out and flap its wings, to which you start ringing the neck like a little towel until all is done and the poor helpless creature...is dead. Yum! Next taking the chicken to an appropriate spot wash it in boiling hot water and proceed to rip out the feathers, and the skin off the chickens feet. next, take a large butcher looking knife and chop off...certain parts of the chicken including the head and neck, the legs at the knees and...Well other parts. Make a large incision under the neck area and spill the chicken. This is the part where I decided to watch no farther. I just listened to her say ¨and this is the chicken’s heart, and this is its intestines¨ followed by my companion saying ¨Compa!
Did you know chickens have testicles??¨ ...yes compa, it’s a boy chicken...

That’s the biggest news of the week me thinks. Haha hope that didn’t make anybody sick...it made me feel so.

Well I don’t have much more big news to write, you got the big stuff. I think I'm going to use some time and send you some cool pictures!

Alright?

LOVE YOU ALL

Elder Bronson

No comments:

Post a Comment