Monday, April 4, 2011

Alright missionary work story time, what you are all waiting for right?

Hello beloved family, I'm happy it’s finally time to write you again.
General Conference was incredible, I absolutely loved every single second of it, and as some might possibly be wondering, how many notes did I take?  19 1/2 pages of conference notes, yeah!  And you guys...? jk I don’t expect you all to be quite as field missionaries, but I think I might still take notes even after my mission, it helps me pay attention and not zone-out haha

Today was something cool we all met up in the Molino Stake to listen to the Temple president talk to all the city missionaries of Mission Guatemala Norte about the book of Mormon ruins and history, all the cool things that show evidences of the reality of the Book of Mormon. Example....the native Americans claim that there were/are 7 major tribes that exist/ed here in this part of the world, now I invite you to read Jacob 1:12-13 and count how many ¨ites¨ there are. That’s just one of the things but its all cool haha.

Alright missionary work story time, what you are all waiting for right? yeah...I know it is.

Last saturday we had an apointment to teach Juan Fernando and his brother again after conference saturday night, but when we got there he said he was just out of time with his studies and everything he has absolutly no time, never the less we asked him if he had prayed intently to know if our message is true. Wow, it was perfect, maybe the first real time in all my mission.  He said that he DID pray, and when he listened he never heard a definitive Yes or No, but had a peace enter into his heart...a peace that lasted, and stayed with him throughout the entire week! BOOM he received and answer, and the gospel is true. He’s very busy but was going to check on him next Saturday, I pray that he won’t forget that experience ever, and that he might have to faith to press on even in trials.

Other story! Remember the Santizo/Carrera families of gold that we found ages ago at the end of my second change here. They hadn’t been progressing at all, no reading nor praying, nor church, everything was all unorganized and confusing between them with all the commitments so we decided to straighten that up this visit. Our 45 min plan lasted 2 hours and the spirit was SO STRONG. we watched a short clip about the Gospel of Jesus Christ about 5 min and began to explain faith, repentance baptism and all that, they had the most amazing focused questions like ¨how can one trying to do everything he can to follow God find that peace that he still doesn’t have? ¨ And another ¨can our sins result in physical sicknesses? ¨ All sorts of amazingness. The last one really emphasized that the Book of Mormon can answer ANY question about ANYTHING. Ever. Period, Clear?  Instantly the passage from Alma chapter 15 flew into my head and we shared Zeezrom´s experience of the sins that were tormenting him until having a burning fever, until Alma and his buddy Amulek came to save the day with some faith-healing and a side of baptism to top it off. BOOM invitation to be baptized! They accepted that if they came to know that this is the true gospel they would certainly be baptized by authority, they even did something we have been trying to do this whole time with them. They promised to come with us to church this next Sunday, all 9 of them!! YES!!!

Anything more than that gets less spiritual, like our countless experience with the common bolo-menice! In other words all the random drunk people who have no idea what’s going on that stop us in the street to tell us that I’m from the US and that my comp isn’t. Thanks random drunk guy, when the sun shines could you tell us too? Haha... one called me ox and told my comp to ¨be quiet Mule¨ hahaha! I was just afraid something weird would happen and he would hit me or something I think I might have been a bit mad? It’s hard to tell sometimes haha but nothing happened. Good night brother! (Much running).

Well this week I actually forgot to bring my camera cable so no pictures. Not too much happened this week camera-wise anyway, just doodles on the whiteboard with my companion...who is awesome!

I love you guys a ton and I know that Christ lives, I loved all the talks about testimony during conference that it doesn’t come in a flash of an angelic miracle, but over time so quietly that you might not be able to mark a certain point when POW you know. That how I am, but I know of an absolute assurance that this is the true Gospel and there is none other sobre la faz de la tierra, on the face of the earth.

Until next week beloved family, stay safe I beg thee; I love you more that words can express.

Elder Andrew James Bronson
Élder Andrés Santiago Bronson

No comments:

Post a Comment